Summer Tzatziki Sauce
Recipe provided by Austin Personal Chef: Carlos Crusco
- 3 medium cucumbers – peeled, seeded, and grated
- 2 cups Fage Greek Yogurt
- 4-5 garlic cloves – minced
- 4-5 tbsps. finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsps. chopped fresh mint
- 2-3 lemons – juice only
- 3-4 tbsps. extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse Salt/Fresh Pepper
- Using a box grater (large holes) grate the cucumber into shreds and set aside. Press cucumbers a bit to extract some of the excess liquid (save the liquid). Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in yogurt, garlic, dill, mint, lemon juice & oil. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust as needed.
- If too thick, add cucumber juice, lemon juice or heavy cream. If too thin, add more yogurt or cucumber.
- Refrigerate 30-60 minutes or overnight to allow flavors to blend; serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!