Spinach, Pear & Blue Cheese Salad
Recipe provided by Chef Crusco Catering in Austin, TX.
Ingredients – Salad (8 servings)
- 1 Container Fresh Spinach
- 1 Anjou Pear – sliced evenly to fan out on the salad
- Small wheel Danish Blue Cheese – cut into small wedges
- 1/2 cup Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Walnuts – lightly toasted in a saute pan
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
Ingredients – Lemon & Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3 tbsps. Sour Cream
- 1-2 tbsps. Lemon Juice
- 2-3 tbsps. Blue Cheese – crumbled
- 2-3 tbsps. EVOO
- 1-2 tsps. Water – to thin out if too thick
- First make the Dressing. Add the Sour cream to a bowl along with Lemon juice and whisk to combine. Add the Blue Cheese crumbles and continue whisking and mashing down on it to mix into the dressing.
- Slowly add the EVOO and whisk continuously. Season with Salt/Pepper and thin out with water if needed.
- To make the Salad, add the Spinach to a large plate or platter. Place the fanned out Pear in the middle with the Blue Cheese wedge off to the side. Sprinkle the cranberries and walnuts all over the salad.
- Drizzle the entire Salad with the Lemon-Blue Cheese dressing. Season with Sea Salt and Pepper. Enjoy!