Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe provided by Austin Personal Chef: Carlos Crusco
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tbsps. heavy cream
4 tbsps. unsalted butter
1/2-1 tbsp. flaky sea salt (such as Maldon) – depending upon your liking
- Bring sugar and 4 tbsp. water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil, swirling pan occasionally, until mixture turns a deep amber color, 8–10 minutes.
- Make sure to have your cream, butter and salt measured and prepared as the next steps are fast!
- Remove from heat and gradually add cream (mixture will bubble vigorously). Add butter and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
- Great sauce for apple pie, cakes, ice cream, cookies or Triple Chocolate Brownies (as pictured).
*DO AHEAD: Sauce can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature or rewarm in the microwave before serving.