Heart Shaped Raspberry Cookies
Recipe provided by Austin Personal Chef: Carlos Crusco
- 7 oz. Butter
- 7 oz. Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. Cognac, Brandy or even Cointreau will work
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Lemon – zest only
- 1 Egg
- 3 yolks
- 1.75 cups Corn starch
- 5 oz. all-purpose Flour (and more when kneading/forming the dough)
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 pinch of Salt
- Raspberry Marmalade (Bonne Mamam is my favorite)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°C and prepare a parchment covered sheet pan.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix more until thoroughly combined.
- Add Brandy, extract, zest, and continue mixing at medium speed until combined.
- Add egg and yolks, one at a time, until well combined and fluffy.
- Add dry elements (corn starch, flour, baking powder, & salt – previously sifted) in batches.
- When dough is formed cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for one hour minimum.
- On a floured worktop, roll out the dough (1/4″ thick), and cut heart shaped figures with a cookie cutter. For each 2 cut heart shapes, cut out a smaller heart shape in one of them (this will be the window).
- Move to parchment covered sheet pan. Bake until slightly golden (about 10-12 minutes).
- Gently transfer cookies to a wire rack until cool. Once cool, spread some raspberry marmalade on one of the cookies and gently place the other cookie on top. Press lightly but firm.
- Lightly dust with POwdered Sugar and enjoy over coffee or tea with your loved ones!