Grilled Pineapple, Gelato & Dulce de Leche
Recipe provided by Austin Personal Chef: Carlos Crusco
- 1 Pineapple – peeled, cored and sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 2 tbsps. vegetable or canola oil – to brush onto the grates and the pineapple
- Chef Crusco’s Homemade Dulce de Leche
- 1 Pint of Vanilla Gelato
- Strawberries or fresh Mint for garnish
- Preheat the grill to high. Prepare the pineapple and head to the grill. Once hot, clean the grates with a proper grill brush and then oil them so the fruit does not stick.
- Place the pineapple rings onto the grates and cook quickly for 1-2 minutes per side or until you see the grill marks. Remove immediately and set aside.
- To serve, add 3 grilled pineapple rings to a plate and top with a scoop of Gelato. Garnish with fresh strawberries and/or mint. Finally, drizzle the Dulce de Leche all over the gelato and pineapple. Enjoy!